Heaps Good Privacy
About this policy
SA Distilling Co Pty Ltd (“HeapsGoodGin.com.au”) and its related bodies corporate (“Company” or “we”) want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information from and about you.
Company is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to the handling of personal information. Where appropriate we will handle personal information relying on the media exemption (and complying with the Australian Press Council Privacy Standards), related bodies corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Act.
Under the Privacy Act, ‘personal information’ is generally any information or opinions that identify you personally.
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold your personal information;
- our reasons for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information;
- how you may access your personal information held by us and have it corrected;
- how you may complain about the way we deal with your personal information, and how we will deal with you complain; and
- whether we will disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, and if so the likely location(s) of those recipients.
What is personal information
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act.
In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card, direct debit or PayPal account information.
If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
- Kinds of information we collect and hold
Company collects the personal information needed to provide Company Services and for our business operations. If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
The following are the main types of personal information collected by Company and the main purposes for which they are collected.
To open an account in your name or to accept transfers of funds from your credit card into another person’s account, we need your:
- residential and/or email addresses; and
- telephone number.
Tracking online behaviour – cookies and other technologies:
- your responses to promotions, giveaways and competitions;
- the time, date and URL of each request for a page from our web server, plus information on the browser software being used to make the request; and
- information from your computer or device allowing us to: analyse trends, administer the Website, track your web navigation, and gather broad demographic information for aggregated use
- You can set your browser to accept or reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. If you reject cookies or delete our cookies, you may still use the Website, but may not have access to “Account Holder only” areas of it.
Public information and posts
Consist of comments or content that you post to the Company Services and the information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, comments, likes, tweets, status.
Information from third party social media
If you access or log-in to a Company Service through a third party social media service or connect a Company Service to a third party social media service, the information we collect may also include your user ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, any information or content you have permitted the third party social media service to share with us, such as your profile picture, email address, followers or friends lists, and any information you have disclosed in connection with that social media service. We do not collect your passwords other than in relation to our own services.
Information from third-parties
We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as commercially available sources and data providers, as well as information from our business partners or related and affiliated companies in Australia or internationally.
How we collect and hold personal information
We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information it holds from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
These include: protection of passwords using standard encryption, measures to preserve system security and prevent unauthorised access, and back-up systems to prevent accidental or malicious loss of data. Documents verifying your identity and any credit card information you send us will be stored in a secure database with limited access requiring a password or other unique identifier.
We may use third party providers to store personal information electronically. We take reasonable steps to ensure this information is held as securely as information stored on our own equipment.
Unfortunately we cannot remove all risks involved in sending information through any channel over the Internet. You send information over the Internet entirely at your own risk.
How we use and disclose personal information
We may disclose personal information to external service providers that assist us to:
- provide, manage and administer our products, services and business systems (including mailing houses, printers, postal services, call centres, IT technicians, advertising agencies, and providers of client relationship management (CRM) services);
- develop and market our products and services (including market research analysts, product development consultants and providers of affiliate management services);
- comply with Payment Card Industry Standards, and securely manage processing of your credit card payments and storage of your credit card details.
- To allow social sharing functionality
If you log in with or connect a social media service account with Company Services, we may share your user name, picture, tweets and likes, as well as your activities and comments with other Company Services users and with your friends associated with your social media service.
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, so they can:
1. comply with the laws, regulations and licence conditions applying to them; and
2. send you marketing information directly.
- target our communications, competitions and prizes;
- let you know about upcoming events, promotions and new products and services or other opportunities via direct mail, email, SMS, or MMS;
- send you product and service information on behalf of third parties; and
- enable our related bodies corporate to send you product and service information directly. Each time you are sent a marketing communication, you will have the option of opting-out from future marketing communications. You can also opt-out from future marketing communications at any time (email: hello@HeapsGoodGin.com.au). We will promptly action any opt-out request.
- To deliver relevant advertisements and content
- To share with business partners
- To complete a merger or sale of assets
We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for marketing purposes, in particular, to:
Company and our advertisers may use the information we collect from and about you to deliver relevant ads and content to you when you use the Company Services or another service.
Where you have expressly consented to this, Company may share your information with business partners to permit them to send you marketing communications consistent with your choices.
If Company sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, Company may transfer or disclose your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction and as part of any due diligence processes which take place in contemplation of a potential transaction.
How can I access and correct my personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please let us know if there’s a change to any of the details you have provided to us.
You have a right to ask for access to the personal information we hold about you. Please contact the Privacy Officer at:
PO BOX 1032 Pasadena, SA, 5042
Your personal information will usually be available within 30 days of your request. If there is a fee for accessing your personal information, we will confirm the amount before providing the information.
In some circumstances we may not be able to grant you access to your personal information (for example, if the release of your personal information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others).
You have a right to ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
Please contact the Privacy Officer at:
Postal Address: Privacy Officer, HeapsGoodGin.com.au, PO BOX 1032 Pasadena, SA, 5042
It is not always possible to remove or modify information in our databases, but we will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information so it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If we decline to make a correction, you may request us to attach to your personal information a statement that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
If we disclosed the information to a third party before correcting it, you may request us to notify the third party of the correction we’ve made.
We will not charge you to request a correction, or for making a correction or attaching a statement.
If you have a concern about how we have handled your personal information, please let us know so we can fix the problem.
You can contact us at:
Postal Address: Privacy Officer, HeapsGoodGin.com.au, PO BOX 1032 Pasadena, SA, 5042
To lodge a formal complaint, please send details to the Privacy Officer in writing. We will respond within a reasonable time – usually 30 days.
If your complaint is not resolved by the Privacy Officer and concerns credit-related personal information, you may be able take it to an external dispute resolution scheme. The Privacy Officer will give you details of the relevant scheme.
If your complaint is not resolved by our Privacy Officer or an external dispute resolution scheme, you can refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The contact details are:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666